Throat infection and possible uti

I have a throat infection diagnosed by doctor..they gave me amoxicillin 500 mg for 7 days...1 day after starting the antibiotic I developed urinary discomfort and sore penis and internal burning when urinating..can throat infection spread to urinary tract?

I have had sexual health tests done and no gonorrhoea or chlamydia were present no penis  discharge, waiting for urine and blood tests.

It's been 7 day since first throat and urinary pain and I have only have 2 days of tablets left to complete the course and no improvement..have constant headaches, and am concerned
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi there,
Streptococcal  B infection can cause urinary tract infections and throat infections both. Since you had throat infection followed by urine infection it could possibly be streptococcal infection. Strep throat is diagnosed by culturing the bacteria from a throat swab. In kidney disease is suspected, a urinalysis will show blood or protein in the urine, and bacteria may be cultured from either the blood or urine. Infection responds to antibiotics. Consult your doctor. Hope it helps.
Best wishes and regards!
Helpful - 0
Thanks. For your comment very kind to post.

After one month of pain and prescription of trimethroprim it Developed into testicular infection orchitis and nsu...urine lab culture came back negative and blood tests were normal..doctor put me on cipro for 1 month...ultrasound detected orchitis...penis very sore to touch and uthera tibe on penis very sore with constant pain....doctor says the cipro will kill the bacteria and the inflammation is probably what is left or maybe a bit of bacteria. 20 days into cipro and pain still there

Next stop urologist for procedure. Been off work for a month in pain
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Urinary Tract Infection Community

Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.