Aa
A
A
A
Close
Urinary Tract Infection Community
700 Members

UTI due to E.Coli

I have had UTI 2 years ago due to various strains, mainly due to sex. The last UTI I had was from e.coli and somehow, after antibiotics, it went away. But there was always this heavy feeling when I pee but it gradually went away.
Then 2 months ago, I went sexually active - actually just twice for two nights! And then I started peeing blood and I had a dose of antibiotics and then it went away.
I am also laxative dependent and when I started taking laxatives again, UTI came back because I had infected myself and I peed blood again and have been on 3 rounds of antibiotics (around 4 in total. the first one was Cefuroxime. Then Cipro, which I was advised to continue despite the bacteria being resistant to it. Then Cefuroxime again, then finally Amoxicillin) and now whenever I try to pass stool, with less diarrhea, I still have the UTI discomfort. No longer burning but the urgency is there and that heavy feeling.

I have been taking almost everything aside from the antibiotics. D-Mannose, UTI Clear, Oregano, Uva Ursi, Olive, Lactoferrin, Vitamin C, Apple Cider Vinegar, Barley and Lemon - EVERYTHING I COULD THINK OF.

Cut off sugar and starch and anything that could feed the bacteria. Had my CT scan and my kidneys and bladder were clear. But everytime I pass stool, the discomfort comes back DESPITE BEING SUPER CRAZY HYGENIC. Cleaning thoroughly, washing twice and wiping with antiseptic and even spraying.

I am getting depressed and hopeless and it's ruining my life.
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.